Eco-Tech has performed a wide-array of services for resource extraction entities, including surface and subsurface coal mines, sand and gravel dredging operations, and various hard-rock quarrying facilities. We have been involved in all phases of development within this industry from initial siting, to permitting, to long-term monitoring of sensitive resources.
Given the controversial nature of many mining projects, Eco-Tech has worked hard to maintain its status as an independent consultant, one who is respected by regulatory authorities for our scientific ethic and also one who is able to offer cost-effective solutions to complex issues. We frequently are called upon to handle endangered species issues and comprehensive wetland and stream mitigation strategies as part of Surface Mining Control and Reclamation Act (SMCRA) and USACE permitting.
Overview of Services:
- Site screening and feasibility studies
- Endangered species surveys and consultation
- SMCRA support
- Cumulative Impact Assessments
- Habitat assessment and mapping
- Stream/wetland determination and permitting
- Aquatic and terrestrial habitat restoration
- Natural resource inventories
- Ecological and biological assessments
- Habitat enhancement plans
- Aquatic assessments
- Long-term operational monitoring of ecological resources